Saturday 6 January 2007

180 litre tank coming soon...

yeah, you read it right. for christmas santa bought me a 180 litre tank setup. grin!! its still sat in its box in my front room for now as i am planning on moving house in less than 4 weeks and setting it up at my current residence would be pointless. so, as frustrating as it is not being allowed to play with my new toy, i guess it is a blessing in disguise as it gives me plenty of time to decide just how i am going to set it up.

i've learnt a lot about setting up aquariums during and since setting up my current tanks. one of my favortie sources of information being the Age of Aquariums website.

what i do know is that i want to transplant at least the 3 clown loaches and the plec, these being the main reason for wanting a bigger tank in the first place as they're getting bigger all the time. well, thats one of my excuses anyway... ;p i also want to concentrate a little more on the planting and landscaping of the tank (otherwise known as aquascaping - oooh ;) ), especially as it is so much bigger (101cm). any suggestions and resources anyone can come up with will be greatfully recieved.

2 comments:

Jimbobbadger said...

You need something like this to link them all up:

http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Home-Aquarium-20061031

Chas said...

oh my.... its not that i havn't seen this and ignored it. its more like i've been in awe ever since seeing it. we were talking about doing a similar setup in the new house when we move. well when i say we, i mean me and me brothers. i'm not sure me missus would approve.

on another note though, they could have made it nicer for the fish don't you think? the best bit is with the plants growning up the tube. also be better if it was cylindrical, that ones got nasty thick edges and corners. on a plus side it does look like its made from prefab bits which could be quite cool.

/me dreams about connecting every room in the house with a fish tank tube-y thing.

good find mister. =D